Distribution systems are the connection between the end user and the “grid” and usually carry electrical power from sub-stations (fed by High Voltage Transmission lines) to the farm or rural residence. This page provides resources to help you understand how the distribution system works as well as a collection of topics related to maintenance of the distribution system and connecting farms, homes and electrical generation equipment to the distribution system.
MREC Conference Presentations on Transmission and Distribution Systems
- Overview of Transmission Projects in the Upper Midwest, Mark Williamson, American Transmission Company (2006)
- ELectric Distribution Comparison- US, Europe and the Middle East, Tom Nigon, Power Plus Engineering (2006)
- Transmission and Dristribution Technology, Dr. Chris DeMarco, University of Wisconsin- Madison (2006)
- Everything you ever wanted to know about putting wind power on your farm, David Blecker, 7th Generation Energy (2005)
- Wind Power, John Seymour (2004)